What You Should Know for Mobile Printing in Direct Store Delivery
If your company is involved in Direct Store Delivery (DSD) / route sales invoicing and delivers products to retailers, here are 5 quick facts you should know!
- There are errors on 10.5% on all DSD invoices issued to small retailers.
- The average out of stock rate for direct store delivery is 7%, but it jumps to 13% on promotional items.
- Out-of-stocks result in $6 billion in lost sales.
- The average supermarket can reduce direct store delivery out-of- stocks by 3% and increase annual revenue by $75,000.
- Automated check-in processes can reduce direct store delivery receiving time by 60%.
If you want to improve efficiency and increase profits in your direct store deliveries, you’ll need to ask yourself these 6 important questions:
- Do your drivers spend time preparing orders and invoices?
- Do you have handwritten orders or invoices that are not legible?
- Do you have customer calls about billing disputes?
- Could you increase your revenue if your driver had more time for merchandising and sales?
- Do your drivers and office staff spend time handling exceptions?
- Would your operations improve if your driver could handle more stops per day?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should consider using a mobile printer in your DSD application. Two of the greatest benefits from using a DSD printer are time savings and improved productivity. Handheld computing and mobile printing applications drastically reduce the time that is required for invoicing and order preparation. Organizations are often surprised to learn how much route paperwork influences other operations. When organizations begin to understand these facts and ask the right questions, the value of a route sales printing with a mobile printer becomes clear.
PrintekMobile has long had rugged and reliable mobile printers that can meet any needs in direct store delivery. PrintekMobile printers have had a great track history printing in harsh conditions in the DSD environments. Some of these applications include printing documents such as invoices, delivery receipts, service estimates, sales orders and inventory management.
Feel free to contact any of our mobile printer experts at Printek for more information on how to take advantage of direct store delivery printing.