While researching information on mobile printers for your operations, it is important that you try to answer this basic question - "What should I look for in a mobile printer?". As you try to answer this question, remember that the mobile printer, to be worth the investment and change in company “printing culture,” should meet the following criteria, which in turn will justify, going mobile.
The following are the five top things you should look for in a mobile printer:
1. It has to be easy to use. Asking your sales people, warehouse workers, route delivery people, etc., to do something different has to meet the “easy” criteria, but it goes a little deeper: You need to provide them a printer that makes it easier for them to do tasks than what it would normally take.
When you think about it, human nature tends to select the easier path towards a goal. Mobile printing is the easier path. It puts printing in the hands of those who need printouts now. Easy paper loading, simple set-up, a variety of ways to connect follow this "easy to use" philosophy.
2. It must be reliable, rugged and inexpensive to use. Mobile means subjected to inadvertent (or careless) abuse through dropping, bashing or just normal wear and tear. So reliable is to mobile as resilient is to exposure and abuse. Word analogies notwithstanding, you want a mobile printer that “takes a licking and keeps on ticking,” doesn’t break and returns your investment. PrintekMobile printers are built to withstand demanding and tough environments.
The inexpensive part comes in when you use thermal printing paper instead of toner cartridges that cost about 25 percent of the original laser printer price and saves money on multi-copied invoices.
3. It must have a power source that runs the printer for an entire work shift. That would be through rechargeable, smaller and lighter – and longer lasting – lithium-ion batteries. Since everything wears out, your batteries need to have a high number of charge/discharge cycles before they must be replaced. PrintekMobile equips all of our mobile printers with the best possible batteries available.
4. It must be easily integrated with the mobile devices that serve them. Yes, operating systems, mobile devices, business applications all conspire to confound mobile printing capabilities. Your mobile printer needs to be “driven” and needs the “drivers” that will integrate it with your business software so that your people can actually get the printed output. PrintekMobile has a variety of ways to connect to the device you are using.
5. It has to have a supplier willing to support the hardware, software and troubleshooting after the sale for the life of the printer. Not many mobile printer manufacturers do that, actually. Buying a mobile printer off someone’s shelf and mailing in the warranty card may be the last you’ll ever hear of the seller and agent.
PrintekMobile and our entire mobile printer series is all of the above… and more.
See for yourself how PrintekMobile series printers will revolutionize all your printing applications and integrate everything with your business sales and accounting right at the point of sales, service or deliveries. Contact us TODAY or download any of our printer brochures or spec sheets for any of our rugged mobile printers. Also, take a moment to see which mobile printer best fits your applications by using our "Find My Printer" tool.